Monday, June 15, 2009

A Late-Night Polemic

I keep collecting material toward posts for this blog, have many drafts begun that need completion or the checking of some facts before I post them and that sort of thing. It takes time putting together a decent blog post.

But in this post I'm just going to throw out a wild polemic without looking up quotations. I recently ordered Dr. David Cloud's book For Love of the Bible, in which he laboriously documents the history of textual criticism back to 1800 and even earlier, using his huge library of resources he assembled over decades. These resources include many very old out-of-print books he acquired at great expense in order to get his quotations from the horse's mouth. The result is impressive. He quotes from writers on both sides of the issue from well before Westcott and Hort, showing the rationalistic bias of the supporters of the Critical Text, which was continued by Westcott and Hort. By the time you read the quotes you can't have any doubt of this. And I do hope I'll still get around to posting some of them here.

From now on I'm going to be recommending that EVERYBODY read THIS book AS WELL AS Dean Burgon's Revision Revised at LEAST. It's available at Way of Life Ministries under Topical Books.

You will not find this information anywhere else in such complete form, and not at all from any of those who support the modern Bibles. It ought to grieve us all to recognize what has been done with the Bible over these last two centuries to deceive and manipulate us and it ought to be KNOWN to us all, in order that this deception be ended and only those who want to be deceived remain deceived. I think of those many preachers who apparently hold to all the main orthodox positions and preach them avidly and yet nevertheless have swallowed the teaching on the modern Bible versions hook, line and sinker, versions which were the product of the rationalistic Bible-doubting teachings that are normally shunned by them. And they have in all sincerity passed on their own delusion to their congregations.

This is because they trust in their teachers and don't investigate the situation for themselves apart from the materials recommended by those teachers.

I can't do much at my little blog of course. If anybody ever does stumble across it why should they spend any time over it? I'm a woman too and a woman is not to teach men. Well, what can I say? It's up to the Lord whether what I write here has any impact or not. All I can do is write it. I'm not standing in front of a class as some sort of authority, whoever reads any of this reads it by choice, not compulsion. And all I care about is that the truth get to people who CAN teach it. I refer you to MEN who can teach YOU so you can teach it.

Having said that I feel like screaming at the top of my lungs that


ANYBODY WHO IS A CHILD OF GOD AND HAS THE HOLY SPIRIT IN HIM AND WALKS BY THE SPIRIT MUST, FOR HIS SPIRITUAL HEALTH AND, IF HE IS A PREACHER, FOR A BLAMELESS TESTIMONY BEFORE GOD OF HIS RESPONSIBILITY TO HIS CONGREGATION, BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE ARGUMENTS AGAINST THE MODERN VERSIONS AND STOP GIVING AUTOMATIC CREDENCE TO DEFENDERS OF THE MODERN BIBLES.

I DON'T HESITATE TO SAY THAT IF YOU DO HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT YOU CANNOT CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE MODERN BIBLES FOR ANOTHER SECOND AFTER FAMILIARIZING YOURSELF WITH THIS HISTORY -- THE TRUE HISTORY OF ALL THE EFFORTS TO REVISE THE BIBLE AND THE MENTALITY BEHIND THEM, NOT THE PREJUDICED REVISIONIST HISTORY YOU GET FROM THE MODERNISTS.


Again, I hope to get around to giving some quotes here as well so you can see what I mean. But you need to read the books, both Burgon's and Cloud's books.


And while you're at it, you should also seriously rethink 1 Corinthians 11:2-16 and push aside everything you've been taught about it.

[P.S. David Cloud is anti-Calvinism and I'm still a Calvinist so obviously I'm not recommending everything he writes. He also doesn't agree with me about the head covering].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please at least give a pseudonym for your Comment. Thanks.

Comments will be moderated before being posted.