Friday, December 6, 2013

The Debate Is Well Under Way

Today Chris Pinto did a very long radio show in answer to another one James White did attacking Pinto's film Tares Among The Wheat. Pinto said since White is coming out with his arguments he needs to answer him, especially since there will probably not be anywhere near enough opportunity to say much of what needs to be said during the debate itself. 

  Pinto knows his stuff. And it's certainly clear from all the facts he brought up today that the historical situation is much too complex for a debate format. It would take many such radio show exchanges even to begin to get it all said, and it's very hard for the average listener, like me, even though I've done some work on these things myself, to process all the information and keep it in mind. To get the Simonides affair in perspective requires many quotes from many different people from the time for instance. Anyway I'm glad he's doing this and I can only hope and pray it might wake up James White as Pinto hopes it might.  At the very least maybe it will establish enough factual information to help streamline the debate some.

I particularly enjoyed the last part of the show from about the hour mark on (he was going over the allotted time), where he sort of condenses his reaction to White's arguments. I laughed for what must be the first time ever in a discussion of these things when he characterized White's idea of defending the faith through the corrupted Greek manuscripts as hitting himself over the head with Goliath's sword; and then I cried through the last few minutes as he described how the proliferation of Bibles with faulty translational methods has contributed to the destruction of America. He doesn't think the great variety of gratuitous English wording contributes to the problem, though I do, and I think it's all part of the plot, but still there's no doubt in my mind that he's right about the effect of the modern Bibles in destroying once-Christian America. It breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please at least give a pseudonym for your Comment. Thanks.

Comments will be moderated before being posted.