Sunday, April 29, 2012

Pinto on the King James Bible: Rome again, out to kill the Protestant Reformation

Chris Pinto has yet to take a position I object to and rarely fails to teach me something important as well. I know my blogs are becoming something like a Chris Pinto fan club, but that's because I believe what he has to offer Christians is crucially needed -- and on the very subjects some of my different blogs are intended to address.

Here he is on The King James Bible. This radio show was on July 4, 2011, and you may have to look a a page or two ahead of the linked page to find it since the page numbers keep changing as new shows are added. [Later: Must recommend the next radio show as well, on the same page, Rome vs. the Bible].

His defense of the King James is excellent. He calls himself "King James Mostly" which could describe me too, except that he's Textus Receptus Only, which I could also call myself, except that I want a label that indicates that I'm against the English translation of the Revision of 1881 as much as I'm against the corrupted Greek texts they used. So I'm really anti-Westcott and Hort. Nevertheless, in this radio show he makes a fine case for the English of the King James as well. [I gather that the main reason he's "King James Mostly" is that he's against the fanatical King James Only camp, as I also am, accepting that other translations are also the word of God, while believing that the King James is the best translation we have.]

He does believe that the Bibles that have come out since the Revision of 1881 are being pushed by Rome, no surprise since he has uncovered all kinds of influences of the hand of Rome in other areas including political movements, wars, secret societies and all the other religions of the world. Rome's influence on the Bible Revision is something I would never have discovered if it weren't for his work.

I read enough of Westcott and Hort to recognize that they hated the King James Bible with an irrational hatred, which Pinto of course shows to be the attitude of Rome as well, since the King James represents the Protestant Reformation which is her greatest enemy. I had also noted some remarks by Westcott and Hort that showed them to be favorable to Rome, but nothing like a smoking gun that would demonstrate with any certainty that their destructive 1881 Revision had the same intention as Rome's behind it, quite simply to destroy the word of God. Pinto makes this a far more likely possibility than I could have guessed.

You also have to see his film A Lamp in the Dark which you can find at Noise of Thunder dot com, and I'm looking forward to his next film on the Bible, Tares Among the Wheat which I understand will be out in a few weeks.

As usual, I believe Pinto's work should be known by all Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please at least give a pseudonym for your Comment. Thanks.

Comments will be moderated before being posted.