Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Roman Connection: Kurt Aland

A lady in England who likes this blog and likes doing some research into these things on her own sent me this picture, a heads-up about Kurt Aland, along with some interesting information about Hort's Catholic influences as well. Hope I have time to get to the latter eventually.

Seems to me I'd heard that Kurt Aland has some Catholic connections although I haven't been able to spend much time researching these things lately. That's Aland of the Nestle-Aland Greek Critical Text that underlies so many of today's English Bible versions, and that preserves the execrable Alexandrian texts so favored by Westcott and Hort. His credentials as shown at Wikipedia are pretty strictly Protestant, although I've been learning that Protestant affiliations do not always guarantee a truly Protestant background or mindset, as I'd suggest the picture demonstrates.

Besides the picture, the Wikipedia article suggests a less-than-pure Protestant worldview with this comment:
Among experts Aland proved himself to be an important ecumenist who has left the small range of German Protestantism far behind.
Chris Pinto's latest film on the history of the Bible, Tares Among the Wheat, is due out soon, and is promised to touch on the Catholic connection in the Bible versions issue. Go Chris Pinto! Pray for Chris Pinto!

We need this stuff. Let's pray for a new Protestant Reformation, pray against the Roman Antichrist, pray for more revelation of the truth about all these things.

Hey, Church: check out my Catholicism blog and read some of the stuff I've listed there in the right hand margin. If I can I'll try to come back and put the links here as well.

[Just a little side note: I've got a ton of stuff I'd love to get to for this blog and other blogs, and other projects on top of that, the Lord willing, AND I'm physically in bad shape which is contributing to the lag, having to get medical tests done and hoping for a hip replacement in the near future that might make a huge difference in my "quality of life," again Lord willing. So if anyone is inclined to pray for me PLEASE DO SO. Thank you!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please at least give a pseudonym for your Comment. Thanks.

Comments will be moderated before being posted.